Last updated on March 12, 2019
The Town of Fayette has enacted several changes to its Land User Regulations.
The law has been enacted after a unanimous vote by the Fayette Town Board, the Town of Fayette Planning Board, Seneca County Planning Board and also after being reviewed and filed by the state of NY. They were reviewed at several public hearings, a public forum and amended after three years of input from the public and various boards
These changes include and are not limited to:
- A mechanism to terminate zoning variances that have been granted, but not implemented.
- Adding updates due to changes in the state’s Alcoholic Beverage Control laws.
- Vacation Rental Properties will now require a vacation rental permit, inspection, site plan review, and a special use permit. New vacation rentals will require a permit as of October 1, 2018; Existing vacation rentals need to be permitted by June 1, 2019 with a compliance period for existing reservations until October 1, 2019. New regulations address occupancy limitations, parking restrictions, and compliance with building and septic system codes.
- New regulations to address possible future alternative energy projects such as solar, wind, and others.
- Changes to the section on the storage of recreational vehicles.
- Other specific amendments contained in 178 pages of land use regulations and 44 pages of land use amendments.
These regulations and permit applications can be viewed on the Town of Fayette website townoffayetteny.org.